Friday 24 January 2014

Layout: PS3 and COD

I know...Another layout...Loving these holidays!!

Even though I'm not a Scrap the Boys Team member anymore, I still love scrapping along.
This month's challenge was to scrap Something New about the boy/man in your life!

The boy child in our house has been begging for a PS3 and the game "Call of Duty"
or "COD". He's played it at his mates place and has been saving for quite some time.
Santa decided he wouldn't bring it as Zac was so close to achieving that goal.
The Christmas money he received from family got him there. To say he was estatic,
was an understatement! Home it came and he's loved playing it! Kept him occupied
for short stints at a time and he's even played with his sister. They both like playing it,
as does Dad. I can play on my scrap desk right near them(in the rumpus room) and
everyone is happy! Loving that!

So, Zac's "something new" is his PS3 and COD!

I played with my Dylusions inks again to draw the circle. Again using the
spray nozzle and getting this result. I like it. I'm not sure what's going on
with me and purple of late but it's featuring again. Mainly because Zac's shirt
was purple and our lounge is blue.

I used my Stampin' Up water crayons to create the blue and purple effect.
I added some doodling and a few rubons to the circle to finish it off.
I added a few splatters with my Dylusions inks using black and london blue.
I also used a turquoise mist I already had. Let it dry a little before adding some
Gesso and a circle template. Let it dry overnight then added my photo, washi tape
and my journalling. Simple layout but quite effective.

Promise my new next layout won't have any purple on it. It's going to be a bright one.
Just waiting for it to dry!

Here's my layout...


















Thanks for stopping by!

Chat soon,
 

9 comments:

Louise said...

I love the purple here! Another great layout Chelle!

Unknown said...

Love the purple and blue !! What a great acheivement for your son :) Thanks for playing along with STB's

Leonie said...

OH this looks super Chelle!! Love the dylusions circle. I have a COD fan in my house too. Thanks for playing along at STB's

Beck Beattie said...

WOW I love this so much! awesome design and background!

Anne P said...

Love it, such a fabulous page. Thanks for playing along at Scrap the Boys.

Saim Saim said...

Hmm it appears like your website ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess Ill just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any helpful hints for first-time blog writers? Id certainly appreciate it.

Cardsharing Server

Charmane said...

This is absolutely stunning Michelle! Just love your crayon work - gorgeous colour combo! Thanks for playing at STB xo Charm

sandra said...

oh wow!
this is just amazing!
thanks for playing along with STB's :-)
and PS.. would love to see more purple! (Grape even?? ;-))
xx

Paula said...

You absolutely 'rocked' it with this layout...I love it! Congrats on the win!